PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed

spclPatrolGroup
February 1, 2011, 01:57 PM
Today marks the 4 week anaversary from when I placed an order for a quick clip, I know it says right on the order form, delivery can take 3-4 weeks, but if you have that many orders that it takes you that long on a pretty standard item in your catalog, maybe its time to hire on extra help. Well thats my rant, I guess since I am a big fan of their super tuck and quick clip, I should bite my tounge and wait, but I can't wait to get rid of this flimsy uncle Mikes holster.

shanzlik
February 1, 2011, 07:32 PM
Which pistol did you order it for? It'll be worth the wait but I understand your impatience.

FLJim
February 1, 2011, 11:26 PM
3-4 weeks? Is that all? Ha! The Milt Sparks holster I ordered at the beginning of January has a 26-30 week lead time on it. A guy on Sigforum was just informed the Del Fatti rig he ordered nearly three years ago was being built.

3-4 weeks... *snort* :)

Jim

spclPatrolGroup
February 2, 2011, 09:13 AM
Just a Taurus 85 .38 spcl I got for a steal.

Jonathan Taylor
February 3, 2011, 12:15 AM
Got my custom Kholster in 3 days.

Shameless plug --> www.kholster.com

spclPatrolGroup
February 4, 2011, 11:32 AM
Go it yesterday, so 4 weeks 2 days. Its the first time I've seen\tried a quick clip in person. Seems to slip on and off fairly easy, the clip itself is about 2 inches wide, and made out of a springy plastic, the bottom has a 90 degree shelf that hooks the bottom of your belt, the kydex rises just above my beltline, for a smaller pistol, and when you have to take yoru gun on and off multiple times a day, its a very nice setup. I question the lifetime of the clip, but as long as they have a lifetime warrenty I should be good to go.

Beentown71
February 4, 2011, 12:25 PM
They don't hold inventory. They make it as they come. GREAT holsters.

Beentown

shaofutzer
February 5, 2011, 06:50 PM
Definitely worth the wait... Just hang in there. I think mine took about 2 months about 3 years ago when I ordered mine.

locnload
February 7, 2011, 10:17 AM
Patience SPG, Patience, its worth the wait. A little story if I may, I ordered a "Quick Tuck" for my G-19 just before Christmas. After Christmas, I had some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and bought myself a new S&W M&P 9. Since I already have several holsters for my G-19, I e-mailed the folks at Crossbreed and ask if they could make my new Quick Tuck for the M&P instead. They did it, no extra charge for changing in mid stream, and I still had it within 4 weeks, even with the Christmas break. For me, I would rather have them take their time and maintain the quality and service, than hire a bunch of people and start pumping out junk. Besides, its still a small business and although in "our world" we all know the meaning of "Crossbreed", most of the rest of the population don't know, and don't care. Besides that we are fickle, if tomorow the forums were buzzing about the "New big Thing" in holsters every one will be flooding the new company with orders and the Crossbreed guy would be back to working by himself in his garage puting out a handfull of holsters a month. I dont blame them for not hiring a bunch of people that would just have to be let go when the holster market shifted once again. Hang in there, it will be there before you know it. :)

Organic
February 7, 2011, 11:47 AM
Four weeks and two days. Not too bad. Mine supertuck took a similarly long time, totally worth the wait.

My most recent holster purchase was from Hidden Holsters for a Kahr P380. The order was made 9/21/10, the holster was completed and shipped 12/21/10. Painfully long wait, but the product is excellent. HH will be my go-to for all my pocket holster needs. :D

ilv2hunt
February 7, 2011, 05:57 PM
My supertuck took 7 weeks to arrive but it was well worth the wait! The only holsters I prefer over the crossbreeds are Del Fatti's but GOOD LUCK there!