PDA

View Full Version : Stoeger Condor Supreme Problems

JPINTO
August 2, 2010, 06:01 AM
Good morning all.. I have a great Stoeger Condor 12ga that has worked very well in the past. I use it for sporting clays weekly. Last week I had several unusual fails. The upper barrel failed to fire (twice out of 200) and the lower barrel had several ejector problems (the shell fell thru the injector before the gun was placed into battery. Has anyone had similar issues or have any recommendations? Previously I have used Estate Ammo or Remington Game and Target 12 ga #8. These problems were with Remington Sport Loads 71/2 purchased from Wal-Mart (first time I've used this type). I'm planning to return to the range to try some of the old ammo that has always been purchased from a dealer however when a live shell gets stuck under the ejector it gets a little tense on the line so I thought I'd ask the opinion of the experts first. Thank you advance..
Jim (Vermont)

oneounceload
August 2, 2010, 06:49 AM
I had the shell issue with a Ruger O/U in 28 gauge - they never could get it right, so away it went. Having a knife or similar helps pry it loose. A part may have become slightly worn, or loose enough to allow it to slip underneath.

As to the FTF - every now and again, a primer may get set too deep - even from the factory - wait a few seconds after the "click" to make sure it isn't a hang-fire, then try it again in the other barrel. Depending on what barrel you use the most, the pin or the spring MIGHT be getting a little worn, or, more likely, there is a little crud like a flake or two of unburned powder inside the pin hole that gets in the way sometimes - a blast through a straw of any non-residue cleaner (like brake cleaner or similar), will usually do the trick. Since you have been shooting it every week at sporting, it might need a good cleaning in the action area

BigJimP
August 2, 2010, 11:06 AM
I would recommend you pull the stock off ( take the recoil pad off / loosen the stock bolt ( carefully - some of them have some locktite on them ) and clean and inspect the action inside. I would inspect the ends of the firing pins especially ( if they are pitted or worn / replace them ). Make sure there is no rust or crud in there / use a light oil with some preservative - or anti-corrosive in it and spray a light film on everything and put it back together.

Like OneOunce said / the primer depth may be the issue on those shells - hard to tell.

Ejector problems - look for wear marks / something may be cracked or worn. It might be a shell problem / but I doubt it...

JPINTO
August 2, 2010, 04:17 PM
Thank you gents that was a quick reply and I will give it a go...

acpie
August 3, 2010, 02:02 PM
I have a 12G Stoeger Condor Competition, a variant of Condor Supreme, and I had the exact same problems.

- Shell falls through the ejector:
I called Stoeger and was told the gun must be sent in for repair. I did and about 4 weeks later, they sent me a completely NEW gun. I remembered when I spoke to the lady on the phone, she immediately recognized my problem. So I assume this must be a common issue with Condor Supreme/Competition. If you wiggle the ejector arm, you may feel it is a bit loose. Also check the top of the ejector to see if it is bent.

- FTF issue:
Don't use Remington shells. They are known to have hard primers. I always use with Federal or Winchester rounds ever since.

Before closing the gun, make sure the top lock lever is rotated all the way to the right. Otherwise if you force the action to close, it could damage the ejector(s). I believe there is a "Important" note printed in the user's manual.