PDA

View Full Version : BP stuff LLC

King of smack
July 13, 2010, 02:00 PM
I"m thinking of ordering a pistol from this web site. Has anyone used it and what do you think of the quality of work?

Fingers McGee
July 13, 2010, 10:57 PM
I've got two pistols there being worked over now. I'll let you know when they get back.

Have used his round balls and wads for a couple years. They're good.

tripe1917
July 14, 2010, 12:12 AM
I bought the engraved Pietta 1851 Navy from him last year. The finish he put on the pistol after defraying became splotched along the barrel following the first shooting/cleaning session. I used only hot water and mild soap to clean the barrel. I also noticed that the bluing had faded around the face of the cylinder. He never returned two email messages concerning this issue. Also, the right grip had some noticeable gaps in the fit per Pietta standards. It would have been nice if he had fitted this grip a little better for appearance, but he doesn't mention this kind of service on his gun sales so I just did it myself. Other than that, the pistol shoots well and all other work is nicely done.

tripe1917
July 14, 2010, 12:13 AM
I typed defarbing but the auto spelling correction made it defraying.

Deadguy
July 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
Yours is the first revolver of mine that I have heard about the finish coming off like that. As I told you earlier, I will be more than happy to re-do that finish on the revolver at no charge.

tripe1917
July 18, 2010, 02:56 PM
I appreciate the offer and we must have had a communications glitch. I sent photos to you but never saw a reply,so I will send you photos at the email address at BPStuff.