PDA

View Full Version : Walther Model 8 disassembly

Ben Towe
March 4, 2010, 11:55 PM
I know how to remove the slide and spring, what I'm not sure about is how to take the grips off to access the trigger assembly. It appears that one of the medallions screws off but I'm not 100% sure. Thought I'd enlist help before I went in blind. Any thoughts?

James K
March 5, 2010, 12:22 AM
The right hand medallion has two holes for a spanner type wrench. You will probably have to make a tool to avoid damage to the medallion. With the right grip off, the left can be removed from inside.

But be careful. The screws don't thread into the frame. The right hand medallion is a screw but it screws into a bar called the grip holder that locks into the frame. The left side is reversed, with a screw on the inside threading into the medallion through the grip holder on that side. So you don't need to unscrew the medallions all the way, just enough to let the bars loose from the frame.

Jim

Ben Towe
March 5, 2010, 12:37 AM
Many thanks!

Ben Towe
March 5, 2010, 01:36 AM
Got them off. Pretty cruddy in there but not as awful as I thought. Got my trigger linkage back in place so the hammer will fall now. Any ideas where to get a firing pin for this jewel? This one seems to be broken as I've never been able to make the gun fire.

Johnsusername
March 5, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Ben,
Call or email Earl. http://carlwalther.com

If he doesn't have one no one will.

Firing pins are easy to make as long as you have a sample to go by.

John:)

Ben Towe
March 6, 2010, 01:44 AM
Thanks!