PDA

View Full Version : Ever had anything do by Ken Rucker?

output
May 26, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hello all,

Has anyone had any work done by Ken Rucker?

http://speedbumpstockworks.blogspot.com/

zippy13
May 26, 2009, 09:16 AM
Judging by the location of his storefront, I'm assuming that Ken's work is first rate. However, I do question the basic design concept of his system.

I have several stocks with recoil reduction systems. With Ken's system your shoulder is helped but your cheek will still take full recoil. Have you considered a system where the comb reciprocates with the butt plate?

For my trap gun I have a Shockmaster (http://www.shockmaster.com/) where the comb is linked to the butt plate and they slide together. On my skeet gun I have a JS Air Cushion stock where the stock actually telescopes, like the old hydro-coil stocks; but, the JS stock is all wood, not plastic. Both stocks use the B-squared air unit. These are all metal, not plastic as in some other early air units. I prefer the air stocks because of their ease of adjustment, no changing springs and/or shims as with some designs.

output
May 26, 2009, 10:27 AM
What part of the basic design do you question? The adjustable hydraulic recoil suppressor is what drew me to Ken’s system (it does require disassembly though)

I have never come across a system where the comb reciprocates with the butt plate. I do like the concept… I like the air pressure adjustment on the shockmaster as well…and not having to disassemble the stock for adjustment when needed.

Does the movement of the comb heave your point of impact at all? Does it cause any irritating friction under your check bone?

oneounceload
May 26, 2009, 12:28 PM
OP - I believe what Zippy is talking about is a comb that is attached to the butt pad as a unit, so it doesn't move - the gun recoils into that fixture - like the JS Air Cushion - the main point is to try and keep your cheek from friction and movement - if I am correct in my thinking

output
May 26, 2009, 12:45 PM
I confused myself in that last post. Makes sense now. thanks

zippy13
May 26, 2009, 04:00 PM
output
Glad you are unconfused. ;)
oneounceload is correct, the gun moves independent of the cheek piece with the Shockmaster and JS systems (and some others).

1-oz
Congratulations on your 1,000th posting. :D

oneounceload
May 26, 2009, 04:14 PM
1-oz
Congratulations on your 1,000th posting.

Thanks! I think - I should probably be spending more time working on those teals and battues though!