PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days...

charleym3
March 9, 2009, 05:10 PM
It starts with that sinking of Oh NUTS my gun is broken. IDPA ESR. bang bang click bang click bang click click ... you get the picture right.
I shoot a S&W 22-4. When I go to a match I normally also have my regular carry gun, S&W 325NG. Sometimes I take a 22-4 TRR just in case. Yesterday I was trying to save weight so I took one gun, just enough ammo and no tools because I was on the motorcycle. What was I thinking?!?!?! Malfunctions started after the firste reload first stage. Light primer strikes. All day long. New realities in ammo management when you have movers/turners and no real idea if two consecutive rounds would both ignight. :mad: What I should have done was gone door to door looking for a set of screwdrivers. Instead I just struggled along.
I took it down when I got home. Strain screw was 3/4 of a turn from tight. Now, what color locktite do I need for this and where do I get a longer firing pin and can I put it in myself? Thank Gawd its Monday!

Steviewonder1
March 15, 2009, 09:34 PM
Use Blue Color Locktite for those that you want to release later. Let it dry for 24 hours before using.