PDA

View Full Version : cz-52 important question

angf117
November 19, 2008, 05:51 PM
hi,i purchased this gun and when i load the clip up,even if i only put 2-3 rounds in the clip...when i cock it the round is getting caught at a wierd angle and not going into the chamber....it does this repetitively...what is wrong? bad magazine? any input appreciated:)

kwells6
November 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
I had that issue with mine, and it all of a sudden stopped... idk to tell you there. It might be the mag

jrinne0430
November 19, 2008, 07:39 PM
What type of ammo are you using? Could be a bad magazine but it could also be the particular ammo (hollow points in particular) are at times too short when compared to the surplus ammo and the cavity will get caught up on the feed ramp. When you pull the slide back, do you release it/let it go forward under its own power or do you ride it forward with your hand?

B. Lahey
November 19, 2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, really let the slide slam home if you are mistakenly being gentle with it. Commie guns must be dealt with sternly.:)

Could be the magazine, do you have a second one you can try?

Mine loves hollowpoints, both the Wolf Gold and the Reed's Custom loads, but if that's all you have tried, get some FMJ and see if it makes any difference.

If none of the above is the problem, it may be worth a shot to get a Wolff extra power recoil spring. It will bring the slide forward with authority, if it can't chamber a round with good mags, FMJ ammo, and a Wolff spring, something is wrong that probably needs a gunsmith to fix.