PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting a CZ 82

Ricklin
November 8, 2008, 08:56 PM
Well finally ordered a couple of these today from J+G. I hope I don't get backordered. I've had a FEG PA63 for quite a few years, so I am a fan of the 9mm Makarov caliber. I guess a couple of Mosin's should be on my xmas list.

jdc1244
November 8, 2008, 09:03 PM
Very hard to beat for price and quality. My 82 has had no failures using only Wolf ammo. Enjoy your new CZ.

T.Bear
November 9, 2008, 06:43 PM
I have had mine for over a year now with out any problems. I have had it duracoated in combat black it looks sweet. Thinking about ordering a set of grips from marschalgrips.com.

Enjoy your CZ82

Pitts Spcl
November 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
Mine is to be delivered tomorrow (got a call today from UPS). Ordered it from SOG 4 days ago so they must not be too swamped. Hope it's a good one, I paid for the 'hand-picked'.

jsmaye
November 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
The PA-63 and CZ-82 are both on my short wish list. I just wish the '63 was C&R...

bwogle
November 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
I own a pa-63 with a cz-82 next up to buy. I must say I'm rather disapointed in the pa-63 even though I had heard all of the complaints ahead of time. The PA-63 is a fine addition from a collection standpoint but on a shooter level it just can't compare to a cz. Hope the supply doesnt run out any time soon.

Ricklin
November 14, 2008, 07:57 AM
Yes I suspect I will like the CZ much better. My PA63 has been a good little handgun, altough the recoil is rather sharp due to it's lite weight and narrow grip frame. I recently put a new recoil spring in mine when it started failing to return to battery. A new recoil spring and it is as good as new. Darned accurate little pistol, as long as you can see the tiny sghts. The 9mm Makarov has a fair amount of snort. I chose to cxl. with J+G and went with SOG instead, SOG had the same price but with an extra mag and holster. I also ordered a CZ52 at the same time. Should be here next week.

Pitts Spcl
November 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
I have had mine for over a year now with out any problems. I have had it duracoated in combat black it looks sweet. Thinking about ordering a set of grips from marschalgrips.com.

How much did the Duracoat job cost? I may try to do mine myself.

I chose to cxl. with J+G and went with SOG instead, SOG had the same price but with an extra mag and holster. I also ordered a CZ52 at the same time. Should be here next week.
2008-11-13 05:51 PM

Good luck with yours!

Mine arrived as scheduled. I was a bit disappointed with its condition at first glance (I think I was spoiled by the condition of the Sig P6 I got recently, looks almost NIB) but after having handled it for several days it seems fine and is a really good fit in my hand. I'd say Good to Very Good condition. Some holster wear, a few nicks and scratches, but everything seems to be in working order.

I have not fired it yet. Have ammo on order but it is delayed. Today I found 1 box of Sellier & Bellot locally, so I'll try it out in the next several days.

mjbartn
November 17, 2008, 08:21 PM
I got my CZ-82 last Monday, spent the week fondling the gun, shhoting it for the first time this weekend. I have a new favorite gun. I was turning the targets into shredded paper. I started to target the shreds of paper hanging of the targets. I love this gun. Most of the features of a modern handgun expect for a decocking safety. It is almost the same size as my PA-63 even with the double stack mag. It just feels good in my hand.

I plan on stripping the finish and rebluing the entire gun. I think I will leave the original grips.

I also shot my PA-63. Pretty good shooter except for the tiny sights. I painted yellow day glow and in the poor light of the range I still had problems seeing the sights. I removed the paint and applied some Dayliters in blaze orange. Now the sights stand out from across the room. I will test next weekend.

swiftak
November 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
I got my CZ82 from J&G about a year ago. Great gun. I swear this thing was never fired. It looked brand new when I got it. Now I want a makarov.

mavracer
November 18, 2008, 08:53 PM
you will like an 82 they are well made.when you get it and go to clean it don't worry the rifling is supposed to look like that.LOL the only problem with mine is I bought a 1000 rounds of silver bear HP ammo and it will fail to go into battery 1-2 times per mag.I'm sure its an ammo problem my Mak does the same thing.never a problem with ball.I've got some Golddots on order from georgia arms if they work I'll use the SB as range fodder.

Ricklin
November 19, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yessssss......
The UPS man was here an hour ago, while SWMBO is not happy,I sure am.

I bought 2 CZ82s and 1 CZ52. The 82s were what I expected, and I am tickled, as been said over and over CZs ROCK. A quality piece, with a to die for DA trigger sweetnes and light. Typical holster wear and nicks in the paint, but exactly as described by SOG Very good condition, I did not do the hand picked. One pistol had more holster wear and a much lower SN. Both feel new and tight. I like the way the trigger guard clicks down for disassembly, on the FEG that is a three handed job. Think I'll sell my G19 and buy 3 more of these LOL.

The big surprise of the night was the 52, it's like new! it may have been fired, but not a mark on it. I bought it more on a lark at 129 bucks why not. wow is it ever nice, the ammo for it will be here soon. I see a lot of cheap blastin with this one. Does not look like you could wear out any of these. This looks like the FUN pistol, the 82s would make good CC pieces, but I'm betting the real fun factor will be cheap blastin with potent 7.62 X 25.

I'm a thrifty firearms enthusiast, and this is the first buy I have made with my license, nirvana has been attained:D

mavracer
November 19, 2008, 08:11 AM
if you can find some herrington rollers and firing pin for the 52.the factory rollers are soft and are a weak point same with the firing pin.