PDA

View Full Version : I got my C & R two days ago

5ptdeerhunter
September 22, 2008, 04:39 PM
It took a little over a month from the day I mailed the form until I got the license in the mail.

So how do I go about submitting my signed licenses to different websites? I made some copies already and they are signed and ready to go. Do I just send the copies in an envelop or do I have to include a letter? It's all new to me.

Mtdew
September 22, 2008, 04:48 PM
It's good to have a letter with your name and address on it so they know who you are. Here is a standard letter form to go on. Dress it up as you like. :)

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find a signed copy of my Type 03, Curio and Relics, Federal Firearms License. Please keep this on file so that we may do business in the future. Also,if you would send me a copy of your latest catalogue or sales flyer, and place me on the mailing list for same, I would be most appreciative.

VaFisher
September 22, 2008, 06:28 PM
Nice introduction letter.

noelf2
September 22, 2008, 08:48 PM
AIM Surplus and SOG will take a fax or an email with a scanned copy. Most others wont.

yodarkritch
September 27, 2008, 12:13 AM
Midway takes the e-mailed attachment too. Then they send you a dealer catalog with discounts in there already. Like a RAGU commercial: "Its IN there"

yodar