PDA

View Full Version : Any good C&R deals out there

HKuser
September 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
I'm not finding much from the big suppliers. Anything irresistible out there?

El Barto
September 19, 2008, 04:13 PM
Century just had a big sale on u-fix-ems. SkS, Enfields, Mausers, M44s, and a few others. All in the range from $24 to $50 or so each. Everything went kind of quick, but I got 2 M44s, 2 Steyr M95s and 2 German Mausers. Here is the breakdown:

M95s: Very good cosmetic condition. I have yet to find out why they are u-fix-ums. Nothing broke or missing. The only thing out of the ordinary was that the bolts were pulled out. Maybe someone pulled them out and couldn't get them back in and figured they were broken. They actually look better than the non-u fix ems I paid twice the money for.

Mausers: These looked like they were buried in greasy mud. Pretty nasty looking, but the only things missing is one front sight, one hand guard and cleaning rods. The metal is pitted on the barrels and some on the receivers, but might be ok. Had both bolts. I'll have to clean them up before I make a final judgement. The bores do look decent.

M44's: These made me cry. I got a 1943 and a 1946. Beautiful wood color and the metal is absolutely perfect on both. Missing 1 cleaning rod. A quick wipe down and these would look new. The problem is that the butt stock is half gone. It looks like someone head bonked some cement and split the bottom half of the stock off. Otherwise, GREAT.