PDA

View Full Version : Free bound book, anyone?

woad_yurt
September 4, 2008, 11:15 AM
It's a blank Excel spread sheet w/all the appropriate columns. If you glue it into a bound book, it's legal. When I buy or sell, I edit the info on my pc, print another and then glue it in again.

Anybody know how to post an Excel attachment?

Old Gaffer
September 9, 2008, 06:10 PM
use the paperclip - it's to the right of the white smiley face on the same tool bar level as fonts

All the best,
Rob

woad_yurt
September 9, 2008, 08:42 PM
There is no option for an Excel file. I even emailed the moderator/staff person, who said that it can't be done here. If you want one, I'll email the file to you.

Steve in PA
September 10, 2008, 12:20 AM
I just use sheets printed off of my computer. Nothing has to be "glued" into a book.

VaFisher
September 10, 2008, 07:40 AM
Simply copy and paste in most any program should work.

Technosavant
September 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
Since .pdf is legit, I'd just download and install PrimoPDF, print from Excel into the PDF maker, then upload the result.

And you don't even need to glue it to anything. Just using numbered pages in a 3 ring binder is legit. So long as it is orderly and the required info is there, the ATF is happy.

woad_yurt
September 10, 2008, 09:21 PM
The requests for this are starting to increase dramatically already and I can see where it'll be kinda crazy to keep up with them after a while. Does anyone have a website where I can post this so folks can download it for themselves?

About the .pdf format: Isn't that just a form of a picture? All of the .pdfs I've seen can't be altered; they're just for viewing. This thing has to be editable. The cells expand to hold the info. It defeats the purpose of a spread sheet like this to print out a blank form and then have everyone write in their entries with a pen.

Does anyone have a tiny bit of website space for this because I won't be able to keep emailing attachments for long as I have to go to work or sleep every now & then. Thanks.

Technosavant
September 11, 2008, 09:20 AM
The .pdf is not alterable; it would be more for printing out and writing it in manually than for entering info in the computer and then printing it out.

I think I misunderstood you.

w_houle
September 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
I don't know if pre-printing a copy of your entry and pasting it into your book is any easier than just drawing the boxes by hand, but this looks like the book to add entries to.
http://www.packitnow.net/itemprev.aspx?itemid=071+7530002223525
Hope someone finds this useful:D

johnwilliamson062
September 11, 2008, 12:07 PM
pdf is certainly alterable if you have adobe pro software. Not with the free reader, but with the real thing you can alter it.