PDA

View Full Version : Beretta es100 12 ga

moonpie312
September 3, 2008, 01:19 AM
i was wondering if anybody could give me any information on this gun. ive owned it for a little bit now, i absolutely love skeet shooting with it, i rarely miss cuz it just fits me so well, i dont even have to look completely down the gun and sight it to hit(some will probly call bs on that but its the truth!) its just one of those rare guns that just work so awesomely with the owner. but anyways. i bought it used, but you would swear it was a new gun. but see heres the deal, i know its inertia operated and nothing inside seems to be broke all appears to be in great working order. but when you load it up and you go to rack a shell in it. it will not put one in it. just stays in the magazine tube. but every single time without failure if you manually lay one in there and drop it after loading the tube, it will fire every one of them but it will nto cycle manunally by hand. nothing has ever failed on the gun but it just seems odd that they would design something like this. im pretty gun smart and looking at the internals nothing is broke or wore so im pretty certain its designed this way. just seems weird. i absolutely love the gun and would never get rid of it. just curious if anybody knows exactly why they made it like that.
phil

zippy13
September 3, 2008, 03:22 AM
I'm not familiar with your specific gun; but, your problem is not unknown in pumps and autos. It may not be a broken part, just the misalignment of a link mechanism. Did you just take it apart for cleaning?

Or, my old brain just kicked in... being a Beretta, you may have the magazine cut off engaged. It's a feature common to Italian guns and may be required by their government.

I'm back... Damn I'm good...

I just down loaded the instructions, and I was right, you have to push some buttons when loading or things won't work. Let me guess, since it's a used gun, you didn't get the instructions. And the seller didn't fully explain it's care and feeding. Here's a link to the Beretta manual (http://www.berettaweb.com/Munuals/ES100_Owner_Manual_.pdf). After you download, read and follow the loading instructions, please let us know it it cured your problem.
Good luck.

moonpie312
September 3, 2008, 10:24 PM
well im in the process of downloading it at this very moment, i very muchly appreciate the link to the manual. you hit it on the head pretty much with the seller not telling me everything about it and me not getting a manual or anything. so lets hope this helps me figure it out
thanks!

moonpie312
September 3, 2008, 11:08 PM
well, turns out from reading the manual it is made that way. it says after loading the magazine you have to manually load a round through the ejection port then you can fire. seems kinda odd but its a great a shotgun and i absolutely love it. best thing is i know nothing is broke or wore too much. :D

zippy13
September 4, 2008, 12:38 AM
That's good news.
All's well that ends well.

Any other Italian autos out there with special feeding requirements?

moonpie312
September 5, 2008, 02:22 AM
not that i know of? this is the first i came across. but really you know its not a big deal. especially after you've emptied the gun shooting, you just drop one in and punch the drop button then load up the magazine tube and your ready to go again. only thing i dislike is in a situation where i see something outside on the camera and i need to grab my shotgun up quick to shoot it. so i keep a shell laying next to it with the magazine loaded so i can just open and drop it in. but if i really needed to shoot anything quickly theres plenty more i can easily grab besides my beretta. such as 4 other shotguns and many rifles. lol:D