PDA

View Full Version : Found an old one

Tacp
August 19, 2008, 08:20 PM
I friend of mine found an revolver hidden in the barn on the farm that his family has owned for 55 years It was wrapped in a rag and stuffed between some beams.There is a "release" in back of the trigger ,when it is pushed you can move trigger to firing position. There is no trigger guard or serial number.On the frame in front of the cylinder is an oval.In it are the letters GM and the outline of a horse.Front of frame has the number 3 on it. Grips seem to be plastic.It loads thru a gate on right sideand is .32 cal. Any Ideas???

James K
August 19, 2008, 10:22 PM
Would it be possible to post a couple of pictures? That isn't enough info to identify it, if it can be identified.

Jim

Tacp
August 20, 2008, 08:15 PM
Will get some to post.:)

Perajio
August 23, 2008, 02:30 PM
Sounds like one of those moonshiner hideaway guns........:D

Brian Pfleuger
August 23, 2008, 03:39 PM
Grips seem to be plastic.

Can't be any older than 1950's or so, right? If the plastic grips are original.

David the Gnome
August 23, 2008, 05:28 PM
They could be bakelite and not plastic. I have guns from the early 30's with bakelite grips.

Old Gaffer
August 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
Could this be Rohm pistol (note, please, that I use the words "Rohm" and "pistol" in the same sentence cautiously).

The GM is sometimes used in place of the German "GMBH", which is their equivalent of our "Corp".

If this is in fact a Rohm firearm I suggest wrapping it back up and sticking it back in the rafters - that's the safest place for it.

A friend of mine has a RG-10 (.22 short revolver) that I cleaned and test fired for her. It shoots about a foot high at ten feet :eek:

All the best,
Rob

Tom2
August 24, 2008, 04:24 PM
Hard rubber grips may look like plastic but may date the revolver as quite old. Yes, get a good photo of it so we can really make a decision. Don't get any wild ideas about firing it just yet!

jrfoxx
August 24, 2008, 08:03 PM
Dont know if it was ever real commonly used for handgun grips, but polished bone can look and feel a lot like plasitc too, from what I've seen. Just a thought.

Also, why do I never find any old guns? seems like every month, someone on here or THR is posting about some neat gun they found somewhere. All I ever find in the dirt, or in the attic, or in rafters is bugs......:(

Regardless, +1 more on pics, I love old stuff, and found, free old stuff is my very favorite kind.:D