PDA

View Full Version : post response time/search archive questions

Jordan
February 11, 2000, 10:31 PM
First: How come when I post a response it shows up on the end of the thread immediately and usually for up until about five minutes after.. then, like an hour later, I'll visit that topic and my response won't be there unless I hit 'refresh'? Then if I hit 'refresh' again, it may be gone again. Wierd.

Also, I really enjoy reviewing OLD threads... on my last search I could only find stuff since the new year. Are the oldie/goodies gone for goodie? Is there an archive of them somewhere (somewhere other than DOJ)?
Thanks

DC
February 11, 2000, 11:41 PM
Not sure I understand your first question...perhaps your cache.
A couple weeks ago we had some serious software/bandwidth and resource problems...the quick fix was to pare down the largest forums (Handguns, Gen'l, Legal and Rifles...all had 30,000+ posts). Unknown til then was the fact that Archiving can only be done one thread at a time...depending on connection speed and thread length it takes about 2-4min at best to archive one thread.
New software that can handle such a large forum is being checked out. So, no the missing threads aren't gone forever...stored on the drive(better known as limbo), but they are innaccessible right now

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!