PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Vest or Recoil Pad for YL Clay Shooter

BCTargetQueen
August 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
So . . .

I went clay shooting with my new-used 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster this weekend and threatened to outshoot every guy with me. Apparently, this was a tall order. A 20 gauge kicks more than I thought. By the end of our first round, my shoulder was swollen so bad that I couldn't shoulder my beautiful Wingmaster properly. Topped off with my wincing every time I shot, I am the first person in the history of the world to earn a negative score in Trap. :(

My reputation is clearly on the line. I need your help. I am looking for a shooting vest or shoulder pad to help cushion the recoil of my Wingmaster.

The LOP is already a bit on the long side for me, so I am not looking for a slip-on recoil pad. I was looking at Browning's mesh shooting vest with REACTAR pads inserts. I also know that Shoot for the Moon, Mizmac, Beretta, Cabela's, and various other companies produce shooting vests for women.

Any recommendations from seasoned shooters would be welcome! . . . but please don't ask me to give up my Wingmaster. :cool:

Thank you in advance!