PDA

View Full Version : Long undershirt for Tall guy?

c4v3man
July 27, 2008, 06:00 PM
I'm 6'5", and I have a problem finding decent t-shirts for an undershirt to concealed carry. I saw these 5.11 shirts (http://www.chiefsupply.com/Apparel%2CUniforms/Base_Layers/T-Shirts/40019) and read a review which seemed to state that it went 9" or so under the belt, which I would hope would be enough for me, but wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this type of problem. I normally wear Tall, but that only goes to my belt-line. Xtra-tall goes about 3" below my beltline, which is acceptable, but I'd prefer 5" for my tuckable holster. Thanks for the help!

Charlie218
July 27, 2008, 06:01 PM
try this site... duluthtrading.com

hkg3
July 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
+ 1 for duluth.

W. C. Quantrill
July 29, 2008, 10:56 PM
Duluth has shirts that hang to your knees.

Longtail TM shirts

http://www.duluthtrading.com/?sectionpath=1/526/496/23/568&pageid=3605&processor=content&action=nopost&p_initialhits=10&p_keyword=&filter=635

Lurch37
July 30, 2008, 05:24 AM
I'm 6'8" and I feel your pain. :D

I happen to run across some tshirts at the mall one day...at a FootLocker store to be precise. I bought the 3XL Tall and they are very long and stay tucked in too. I also happened across some at JC Penny that seemed to be about the same size and length. I'm not sure if your looking for just a regular tshirt, or an undershirt to wear under a dress shirt, but the ones I got from Penny's have pockets and the ones from FootLocker did not.

I have tried the ones from Duluth and will say they are similar to the ones I can find around here. On that note though I always check whenever I'm at the Mall and typically I can find them on sale for $8-$10 a pop, whereas through Duluth they are at least twice that plus shipping.

45Marlin carbine
July 30, 2008, 07:46 AM
that's problem even for us shorty's at 6'4". if you want to stay warm in cold weather wear a wool-synthetic blend undershirt over a silk under. and then top layers.

Magnum Wheel Man
July 30, 2008, 09:07 AM
well I'm only 6'2" but tall through the middle, & I found some tall t-shirts at Shopko, that are 8-10" below my beltline... & were cheap...;)

Jim Watson
July 30, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'd like to see a Shooter's Leotard. The longest shirttail will still ride up with wear and get in the way after repeated draws while competing or practicing.

tex45acp
July 30, 2008, 10:22 AM
6' 7" here and I know what you guys mean. I always just dealt with the shorter tails until I started carrying concealed. These places are a Godsend!!

thanks bunches

tex45acp

c4v3man
July 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the good information. I'll take a look into it. I'm looking for an undershirt for under a company shirt which is way to short for my tastes.

imp
July 30, 2008, 08:09 PM
I used to have that problem also. I'm 6'6'', and had a hard time for a while. Now, however, wearing super long plain white t-shirts is the new fashion for urban youths, so they are readily available at most mall type shoe stores and urban clothes stores. BTW...footlocker regularly has plain tees, 5 for $20, with plenty of tall options.