PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? AR-15 High Capacity Magazines

NineInchNails
July 22, 2008, 02:37 PM
I’m in the market for a couple 75-100 rnd mags. I’m just wondering if anyone, with their experience, would recommend an extremely reliable mag?

I was looking at the 100 rnd C-Mag. I do own a few of the Lula loaders and do not know if it would work with the C-Mag (or other high capacity mags/drums).

My intention is to ‘keep it simple’. I love my Lulas, but I know that when or if the need to quickly reload occurs … the tools will likely not be present.

ISC
July 22, 2008, 04:03 PM
I have a 120 rd chinese steel drum for the AR 15 for sale for about the same price asa bete c.

I had a thread in for sale with no bites, but this evening I'll refresh it.
-120 rd capacity
-STEEL body and tower
-loads from the front and tensioned with a wind up mechanism. no tool, no spring tension during storage
-no longer imported so somewhat collectible.

Jermtheory
July 22, 2008, 04:09 PM
edit-nevermind,should have read the question more closely.

NineInchNails
July 23, 2008, 12:06 PM
ISC ... do you have any info on that mag or a link I can refer to?

I am looking for EXTREME reliability not not just a fun plinking mag that I could expect to cause feed issues.

Logs
July 23, 2008, 12:40 PM
I have heard good things about Metal Werks magazine or something similiar in St. Louis, MO.

I was in there shop several years ago and they were making mags and selling Class III stuff. I usually see them at the Knob Creek Machine gun shoot. I may not have the spelling right I can't find there website.

NineInchNails
July 23, 2008, 01:02 PM
I found http://www.davesmetalworks.com but I don't know if that's what you were referring to or not. They do not appear to have anything listed on their site for AR-15

Logs
July 23, 2008, 06:54 PM
Can't find where they make there own, but they use to. I had the name spelled wrong.

You are here: Products : Beta 'C' 100rd mags
Beta 'C' 100rd mags
The advanced design of the C-MAG makes it the world's first magazine capable of providing a full 100 round capacity. It can be pre-loaded and stored virtually indefinitely. Successfully tested in combat during Desert Storm where it performed flawlessly under the most rigorous conditions. The 100-round capacity of the C-MAG drastically reduces user vulnerability during magazine changes, while dramatically increasing survivability.

Law enforcement and security operations find that the C-MAG magazine's high capacity and pre-loaded storage capabilities reduce loss of life and property damage. They also provide tactical sustainment and in turn, area containment . C-MAG is built to the highest international military production standards and meets or exceeds all NATO MILSPEC tests. It has surpassed extensive field testing including continued exposure to temperatures below 40°F and above 160°F. It has functioned perfectly with the ice forming on it or after submersion in mud and sand. It is also resistant to salt water, fuels and a number of chemicals.

http://www.csmetall-werkes.com/

Contact Information
Phone: (636) 928-1511
Toll Free: (877) 928-1511
Fax: (636) 922-9004
Address:
C&S Metall-Werkes, Ltd.
4025-H Old Hwy 94 South
St. Charles, Missouri 63304
Retail Store Hours (CST):
Friday - 10am to 7pm
Saturday 10am to 6pm