PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P90 tactical?

rugersh00ter
June 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
Anyone know if there are tactical accessories for the P90 .45 other than those laser grips? I am also looking for a shoulder holster that doesn't have the hammer strap around the back of the pistol. Does anyone make a shoulder holster that the weapon just clicks into like my paddle holster? :confused:

Rich Miranda
June 3, 2008, 06:51 PM
I have a P90 also.

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, but I will do a search of all the vendors I have bookmarked. If I come up with a holster with no thumb break, I'll let you know.

rugersh00ter
June 3, 2008, 11:12 PM
appreciate that very much. i will also continue the search where i can. how long have you owned the p90. any feed back on it? pros cons?

Rich Miranda
June 4, 2008, 09:29 AM
Oh, man, you are asking the wrong person for cons on the P90. :) I love mine so much. I've had mine for about 6 months or so, but it was the same model that I qualified with as a security guard back in 1993 or 1994.

Pros:

- It is built like a tank and can handle any load including +P.
- It is utterly reliable. I shoot a lot of gun show reloads and never, ever, not even once, have I had a FTF or FTE.
- Accuracy. It drills a ragged hole into the center of targets at any SD distance.
- It is big and beefy. I have big hands so this a plus for me.

Cons:

- Low capacity. It's 8+1. There are other .45 with greater capacities.
- It's big and beefy. Concealed Carry is pretty much out.

As far as feedback, nothing special needed for this gun. It just works.

rugersh00ter
June 4, 2008, 09:42 AM
i had a feeling there would't be too much bad news. it seems like a very well buit weapon. the capacity issue is true. i was also looking at the taurus 24/7 and oss, they hold 12+1 and come with an extra mag. but my reasoning was simple, if you can't do the job with 8+1 of .45 hollow, you should be fired. plus i didn't want to wait for the order to come in( impulse buyer here :rolleyes: ). its a bit of a hassle at the range to keep loading after firing just 8, but it seems to keep me from blowing too much money on rounds. :)

Rich Miranda
June 4, 2008, 09:47 AM
I picked up a couple of extra magazine for mine. I generally shoot about a box of 50 per gun at the range. I have to reload my three magazines twice to do that.

And don't worry about capacity. Worry about accuracy. ;)

As for impulse buying, at least you impulsively bought the right gun! :)

rugersh00ter
June 4, 2008, 09:54 AM
true, very true. accuracy is key. and with the p90 it comes easy. i only have the one pistol for me, the wife has a pt111. we'll put 100 each when we ever get the time to.

for viewing pleasure
http://a998.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/m_71edcc46ba2bdfab5a5fe2fd0533738d.jpg