PDA

View Full Version : AimPoint Clone WOW! I'm Impressed

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 02:35 PM
I placed an order for an AimPoint clone/replica on 5/12/08 and I just received it yesterday (5/28/08). That was REAL fast delivery considering there was 2 weekends and a holiday :) That’s 9 business days!

Now I’ve seen MANY different AimPoint clones on eBay and other US websites, but they all appear to be selling for around $100.00. I actually saw one at a local gun show for $129.00 now that’s just ridiculous.

I bought mine from www.scopeandlaser.com The specific model I purchased was the one with no markings on it:
http://www.scopeandlaser.com/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=0&cat1=133&cat0=46&id=824&cat1=133&cat0=46&new=&more=&lang=en

I paid $43.00 to my door. The scope was $35.00 and the shipping was $8.00. Yes it’s a shame that I had to order from China, but a guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do. I couldn’t UPS something to any state for $8.00

I am extremely pleased so far … I just can’t say enough. This scope co-witnesses with my flip front and rear sights so it’s zeroed in without firing a single shot … some minor tweaking maybe, but it seems right on as it is. I removed it, repositioned it further up the rail, reinstalled it, and it didn’t shift at all that I can tell (unlike most scopes).

Before it arrived I was concerned that the red dot may be too large … that is certainly NOT the case. No photo does it justice, it’s a bright, sharp, and little red dot. The mount is rock solid and everything is very nice looking too.

It seems to work just fine even in the bright outdoors. I was quite surprised because most of what I read about the clones; people were saying that they couldn't see the red dot for squat in the bright daylight.

The ONLY thing about this scope that doesn’t get a 5-star-rating is the hinge on the rear flip cap. The flip caps are plenty satisfactory, but not as high quality as Butler Creek’s flip caps. The caps do have a funny plastic smell (which I’ve read about). Oh well.

I highly recommend this scope so far, I just don’t’ see any drawbacks … unless of coarse it takes a dump in the near future :) For the price of a real AimPoint … I could buy 9 of these.

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 02:53 PM
Now this website http://ebaybanned.com/ sells some awesome flip mounts for a 3x magnifier. They are a ‘LaRue Tactical’ replica. Can’t beat the $23.00 price tag in comparison to $150.00 from similar stores like this one for instance:
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=171

Now if I can only find a 3x magnifier for less than a fortune.

Here’s the best priced one I’ve found yet; it’s for $70.00 and has a ‘Twist Quick Disconnect’:
http://www.scopeandlaser.com/index.php?sp=&p=6&cat2=0&cat1=133&cat0=46&id=1501&cat1=133&cat0=46&new=&more=&lang=en

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
Here's another one for $43.67 and free shipping.

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=1031

Wildalaska
May 28, 2008, 06:33 PM
Of course all of these are Chinese knockoffs which violate all sorts of patent and trademark rights, yes? As well as customs regulations

Please note I forwarded all the links you gave to the respective trademark/patent holders. In addition, I'm going report this post to the Mods here.

Cheap is good. Rips offs are bad.

WildlikerolexesonstreetcornersAlaska ™

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes: So you believe that these manufacturers do not already know that there are clones?

Cheap IS GOOD ... knockoffs or not. Overpricing and price gouging is bad any which way anyone tries to word it.

Looks like I’m gonna have to buy 8-9 more before Wildalaska pulls the plug for all of our best interests :) yeah right :rolleyes:

Wildalaska
May 28, 2008, 06:53 PM
So you believe that these manufacturers do not already know that there are clones?

Yeah, I've seen Trijicon walk around the shot show handing out cease and desist letters. Looks like they are going to do more. I sure as heck would

Cheap IS GOOD ... knockoffs or not.

Really? Tell that to customs....folks like you encourage illegal conduct....thats OK? You buy stereos that fall off the truck???.....:barf:

Looks like I’m gonna have to buy 8-9 more before Wildalaska pulls the plug for all of our best interests yeah right

And you call yourself a gun owner:rolleyes:

WildowellAlaska ™

gunner79
May 28, 2008, 07:00 PM
is your cheap clonepoint water-proof?
Im spent a couple of extra bucks and got the real thing.
they last longer and are tough as hell.

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 07:22 PM
Well for $450.00 one should be able to scuba dive with it, tell the time, and more.

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
Wildalaska would have a ball looking on eBay ... just search the term "AimPoint" and you could spend ALL DAY ratting people out. Don’t forget www.TalonArms.com http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=400&products_id=1057 too. www.ar15.com is an excellent source for an all day ratting session. Hell if you want to be a top notch RAT why don’t you contact all the manufacturers and see if you can’t get yourself a 50% discount for all fat rat inel.

Don’t stop at Aimpoint either go for Oakley too. Gotta remember Eotech while you’re at it. Good idea … I might do that and get all this stuff for less than the cost of a clone.

Being a good INFORMANT is the wave of the future.

Wildalaska
May 28, 2008, 07:32 PM
Being a good INFORMANT is the wave of the future.

Thanks for the additional links, I'll pass them on too.

Wildbettera"rat"thanbeinganacessorytocrimeAlaska ™

Luciano
May 28, 2008, 07:54 PM
..Some people do have too much time on their hands, ever thought how long it would take to write over 10 000 posts with stupidmakesithardtoreadforpeoplethatdonthavetimeforyourcrap Wildalaska? get a life dude...

Wildalaska
May 28, 2008, 08:11 PM
Ah yes another supporter of the Chinese knock off industry I see LOL

WildtherisanignorebuttonifitbothersyaAlaska ™

RandyStacyE
May 28, 2008, 08:41 PM
fnck off and get a life. Go leech onto someone elses thread and be nonproductive and uninformative elsewhere.

Don Gwinn
May 28, 2008, 09:45 PM
Congratulations, you get the last word.