PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on IWB crossdraw

hihosilver
May 19, 2008, 12:36 PM
To the many that do the IWB, and wear crossdraw. What holster to you use? And, is this a good or bad way to go if your sitting alot? Im still experimenting while waiting for my chl, and last night I determined that crossdraw might be the way to go. Maybe Im just shaped weird, I dont know. Any tips from the crossdraw crowd will be appeciated

WESHOOT2
May 21, 2008, 10:10 AM
I often wear 'butt forward'; it allows me to draw with either hand.
From either side.

IME the best seated-position comfort and accessibility.

ECHOONE
June 2, 2008, 06:23 AM
I'm disabled bad spine,neck and hip,tried iwb holsters and they just killed me so went with owb which was a little better until I went with crossdraw and bingo no more pain,find for me anyway I'm actually faster @ the draw,I'm right handed wear it at10:30-11:00 butt forward with a hawaian shirt,very comfortable while seated,very easy to draw while seated or standing only draw back is you can not let the bg get to close have to keep that distance or he'll keep you from drawing, but think if anyone is that close you have problems anyway!mine is owb

Shorts
June 2, 2008, 06:55 AM
The first year I carried was crossdraw. I did spend a lot of time in a car and cross draw was pretty comfortable. It also fit the weather well as I wore a jacket often, so reaching for the gun was much easier to just dive my hand in rather than try to pull up the tail of a jacket.

Stevie-Ray
June 5, 2008, 03:12 PM
I wear IWB crossdraw quite often and it's the best for me while driving. Always Uncle Mike's Sidekicks. Size 15 for either the H&K USP45C or the Kimber UCDP45, or the size 12 for the Glock 26. The G26, not so much, as it's blockyness is not quite as comfortable as the other 2.

DWARREN123
June 5, 2008, 09:50 PM
I use it quite often especially while driving. My holster is a Don Hume 715 model from WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM