PDA

View Full Version : nylon 66

richard jangro
November 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
i have a nylon 66 semi auto ive had it for about a week it was a blast till i went out for a hunt im not sure if it got wet becouse it was snowing and i had sat the gun down against a stump but now its jamming after 8 or 9 shots i had pulled the barrel off after losening the bolt and twisted it off now i cant get the slide on the side where it ejects shells to close and line up properly wiith the barrel if any one has detailed instructions about disasembling and assembling this gun with photos if possable that would be very helpfull also if any one has any sugsestions on why it may be doing this email me @ [email protected] this is my first remmington or gun at that i really hope this is a fixable problem with out having to spend any money..........well it was fun while it lasted hopefully this gun will supply me with hours and hours of fun in the future

Redneckrepairs
November 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
I would suggest you check this page http://www.nylonrifles.com/NylonRifles/Welcome.html for more remmington nylon info than you can shake a stick at lol .

obiwan1
November 29, 2007, 06:08 PM
I've had mine for 44 years and have NEVER had a problem with it after countless thousands of rounds. Once you figure what's wrong you'll love it!

BAGTIC
December 8, 2007, 05:48 PM
I have three of them. Best little SA .22 rifle made. Even better than the current Remingon models and the Ruger 10/22 can not hold a candle to it. Once you figure it out you'll love it and never look back.

rem870hunter
December 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
i have a remington mohawk 10c. which i think is very similar to the nylon 66. its as old as me but shoots fine. . i haven't taken it apart enough to clean most of the internals for awhile. my father told me before you take it apart i have to show you a trick to getting it back together. i think thast what he was talking about. if it don't go together right: fiddling with a thingamajig on the whosafacer.

i am thinking on getting a ruger 10/22 maybe.

Cunfuzed1
December 30, 2007, 05:23 PM
If i remember .You have to push down on the disconnector as you pull the bolt back.

P97
December 30, 2007, 07:48 PM
I have one that has trained my Kids how to shoot, and now is starting in on the Grandkids. :D