PDA

View Full Version : STI Grip Modification

pinshooter
November 7, 2007, 01:07 PM
I have seen STI grips that look like they have skate board tape on them but I understand it is some process where by a aluminum grit is permenantly applied to the grip. Does anyone know who does this and how to contact them?

yar
November 7, 2007, 01:25 PM
yeah it's epoxy resin plus grit. I know glockworxs.com does it. call them or shoot them a email

Norm Lee
November 9, 2007, 03:35 PM
Skateboard tape works. This is arguably easier, probably better

http://www.ericwesselman.com/

Cheers,

Norm

pinshooter
December 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
Found out who does the grip modification that I was looking for. It is Vince Pesuti at www.vgrips.com. They use your STI or SV grip and put a coating of Aluminum oxide on it or you can buy a complete grip from them.

jmorris
December 12, 2007, 09:51 AM
I now sand all of the checkering off the grip and apply grip tape. It gives a slightly smaller grip and is easily replaced as it wears over the years. SVI sells the “Scott” grip that uses an epoxy to hold the “grit” (notice an area lost around the screw hole).

hrt4me
November 29, 2010, 01:45 PM
Are the Scott grips still available?

Hunter Customs
December 15, 2010, 10:46 AM
pinshooter,
If you need a extra STI grip to experiment on, I have one in the shop for $80.00.

Also if you really want a more aggressive grip surface you can take a hot instrument such as a small soldering iron and add texturing to the grip surface.

Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com