PDA

View Full Version : Mobile login

littlmak
April 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
How do I login when I'm on the road with a different computer? ( laptop )I've tried signing up with a different screen name and password but my E-mail address remains the same and that prevents my alternate log in. If this is possible, will it work for THR too?

Mal H
April 12, 2007, 08:09 PM
Well, first of all, I trust you understand that multiple registrations are prohibited (please read the Forum Rules again - rule #1). The same is true at THR.

What kind of problem do you have when you login anywhere with your current username and password? Why do you feel the need to use an alternate username?

Be sure cookies are enabled on the mobile system.

littlmak
April 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
I tried to login with my laptop on the road but it wouldn't let me. I assume it's because of some kind of ID individual machines have, like a cell phone. So I tried to register under a different name but keep my E-mail address but that didn't work either. I thought maybe there was something I could change in my registration to allow me to log in on either machine.

williamd
April 12, 2007, 09:59 PM
Nope, ain't a machine problem ... an operator issue. I use mine at various locales w/o problem. For this site and any other. And, log in from other folk's computers at various lacations. It's a website, it doesn't matter what the computer is. The Firing Line should work on the road as well as Google or Yahoo or ............!

Mal H
April 12, 2007, 10:09 PM
williamd speaks true. I, like him, have never had a problem logging in with a laptop on the road.

Again, what kind of problem are you seeing?

... it wouldn't let meWhat is "it" (your computer?, the website?), and what is the form of the message/blockage?

littlmak
April 12, 2007, 10:21 PM
I'll give it another try here at home, but I think it said something to the effect that There was already someone with my name and/or password registered and I needed to try another to register. Operator error is a very real possibility. I've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer.

littlmak
April 12, 2007, 10:34 PM
Well, nevermind. This time it let me login and I hit the remember me box so I should be set to go next trip. Thanks for the responses.

Mal H
April 12, 2007, 10:36 PM
Good. What I think might have happened previously is that you pressed the "Register" button by mistake instead of entering your existing name and password in the upper right corner. Possible?

littlmak
April 12, 2007, 10:38 PM
Yup, that's exactly what I did. I just realized it. DE DE DEEE

Mal H
April 12, 2007, 10:50 PM
All's well that ends well. :)