PDA

View Full Version : Urko Firearms

Key2America
November 14, 2006, 11:36 PM
Got one.

A 20 ga double barrel (hammerless) with a AB 53XXX serial number. 26 inch barrel, imp and mod. Shoots 3 in magnum shells (but it has never been fired, not yet anyway).

The internet is virtually void of information regarding this "mom and pop" manufacturer. I just replied to a 7 month old post on this forum and that was one of the only references to this company.

Has anyone gotten any more info in the past 7 month? I don't expect this shotgun is very old or expensive yet the old thread said it was at least 25 years old and my serial number predates the one mentioned so I don't know anything for sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Markings:

URKO FIREARMS - Eibar, Spain on right barrel
INTER-AMERICAN, RAC'TO, CA on left barrel
When breech is open in an oval is 20 3 (and maybe an RD in small letters) in one direction then at 90 degrees is the Serial Number of AB 53XXX.

Nice Round Stamps on each barrel at the breeh end says "Firearms on top ERKO in the middle and EIBAR on the bottom of each circle.

almtiba
November 15, 2006, 04:36 PM
There was an URKO here in Brazil, but they went out of business.
They used to make low priced guns, and the models I remember are a .38SPL short carbine, SxS shotguns and many airguns. I still have an air pistol called URKO TIGER.

I'm not sure if that's the same company, though.

Regards,

Andre Tiba - Brazil

Key2America
November 17, 2006, 12:08 PM
Well, when you type in URKO the are references to BZ or Brazil.. but the barrels are clearly marked Spain.

Like I said above this must be some "mom and pop" gun manufacturer. If you look up the town Eibar, Spain on Google Earth is a "Three Horse Town" too. One road in two roads out hidden in a valley (it appears).

This is kinda fun but would be nice to know some concrete details about this company.

Thanks for your feedback.