PDA

View Full Version : The devil made me do it!

marcseatac
November 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
I went to Sportsmans Warehouse to buy some musket caps and stopped to look at some guns. Uberti Colt 3rd Model Dragoon, $265 OTD, me being the honest citizen that I am, guessed that it had been mismarked and proceeded to buy it as quick as possible. Pictures don't do one of these justice.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h84/marcseatac/PDRM0074.jpg

Pucker
November 10, 2006, 05:59 PM
So how much are they normally worth?

marcseatac
November 10, 2006, 06:17 PM
Cabelas has something similar for $365, but I've seen the Uberti's on the internet under $300, I'm sure it was their regular price. This store just opened and they have been having some great prices on guns! I was just kidding. I have wanted one of these for the longest time!:)

BTW: I got the last one!

4V50 Gary
November 10, 2006, 08:42 PM
Nice haul at a Terrific price. I'm envious. :D

sundance44s
November 11, 2006, 05:17 PM
When the new Sportsmans warehouse opened here last i talked to the guy that does the ordering guns and such ....he said they price around every thing they sell in the gun dept and when they come up with the lowest price they undersell it ..sometimes by a few bucks sometimes more ....only problem i have with them is they won`t carry remington caps , said they had a problem with them once and they will never carry them again .. Hows this though ..picked up a whole case of CCI caps ( which i don`t like ), but all they had ...2.99 a tin 10 tins in the case ...when i went to pay for them they rung up the price ... the gal says that will be 3 dollars and 42 cents ....being the honest citizen i ain`t ... i says are you sure ????????? she says Yes i`m sure .... i said well if your sure okok ...here it is . You know thats the best cci caps i`ve ever used ...;)

marcseatac
November 11, 2006, 05:49 PM
You won't believe this, I had the same thing happen to me on a brick of .22lr, the girl rang it up as 1 box. Didn't realize it till I got home. Checked the recipe 22lr $2.99 ha ha 500 rounds. It wasn't Sportsmans it was another local place up here. It's hard to find good help!

mec
November 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
we just checked the major distributors for remington caps and found that they are not making any. May not be a permanent thing but right now lead and brass are in short supply and being allocated to loaded ammunition and then only the products in highest demand.

FRANK1669
November 11, 2006, 11:42 PM
I know the devil you are talking about I last month he was here I went to the Local gun shop to get some 38 cast bullets and left with a pair of 1858 remmies ( had to go bake the next day to get the bullets some how they slipped my mind) ;)

I hate that devil No I love that devil but my wallet hates him:D

sundance44s
November 12, 2006, 07:24 PM
Yep ya gotta blame the hired help , and it ain`t my job to train them ..lol and after spending over 3 bucks a gal for the gas i used to drive the 30 miles ... i still felt like the one that got robbed ..

BlackPowderGun
February 21, 2007, 09:57 PM
I think your picture did the gun justice--- it's beautiful.

marcseatac
February 24, 2007, 05:19 AM
Well, I thank thank you for that kind comment, and my camera thanks you!

skj
February 24, 2007, 09:19 PM
Beautiful gun. By the way could you put me in touch with the Devil I would like to trade my soul for American citizenship.