PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Remington BPCR rolling block?

boltgun71
October 29, 2006, 09:53 AM
Curious if anyone here owns a Remington Rolling Block Silouhette BPCR from their Custom Shop? If so how do you like it and how well does it shoot? I want to get into BPCR and am a fan of the rolling blocks. What kind of sight do you use on it also? I am interested in any info you can give me on this rifle. Thanks for the help.

timothy75
October 29, 2006, 11:13 AM
I know the custom shop RB's are some of the finest made but go for around 3500$ by which time most will ellect to go the Sharps route. There are a ton of RB's out there in 43 spanish that can be rechambered and restored for much less money. I have no experience with the new current RB's but hope this helps.

AzShooter
October 29, 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't have a Remington but I do shoot a Rolling Block. There are many like it but this one is mine...

FWIW the Remington is worth the extra money. Although Cimaron imports one that they call the Billy Dixon modle ( I think ) that has set triggers. If you are going to shoot silouhette get the set triggers. It will make a big difference for you.

My Rolling Block has a 2 1/2 lb trigger. You get get a set trigger down to ounces.

Jim Watson
October 29, 2006, 01:24 PM
I shoot a little BPCR but I don't think I have ever seen one of the new made Remingtons except at the SHOT Show. What Rolling Blocks I have seen shot were either rebuilds of originals or Lone Stars.

marcseatac
October 29, 2006, 03:44 PM
I wish I did. I really, really, really do!:)