PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new

djnorhythm
October 20, 2006, 11:08 PM
Hello everyone,

First off, to the administrators, Thanks for putting this site up. It seems to be a very valuable source of information.

I am new. My dad has a .45 cap and ball pistol that he built years ago and we had fun shooting it but that was a long time ago.

I may be getting a new rifle. It is a .50 cal Davide Pedersoli Frontier rifle. What I would like to find out before I complete the deal is how good of a rifle is this and what is it's relative value in near new(only 30 shots fired) condition?

Also, how good of a shooter is it really?

Any other relative information would be greatly appreciated.

You all have my regards and thanks in advance,

pohill
October 21, 2006, 05:31 PM
From what I've seen, read and heard, Pedersoli guns are top notch. I recently bought a Pedersoli .44 pistol that was made in 1969 and it's still in great shape. I have a Traditions .50 Hawkins rifle and it's very accurate at 100 yds. Check Auction Arms and Gunbroker.com to see what the rifle in question might be worth.

Whisk
October 22, 2006, 10:34 AM
Best arbiter of current pricing IMHO:

Gunsameica.com
Gunbroker.com
Auctionarms.com
Etc......

You don't have to adj (for comparison) for FFL fees but be sure to adj for shipping.

When doing searches use very general keywords (like Pedersoli) to be sure you get everything. You'll just have to sift through them more to get what you want but you won't miss anything....

arcticap
October 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
From what I can see, the Pedersoli Frontier Rifle looks to be the same gun as the Cabela's Blue Ridge Rifle. They are both made by Pedersoli, and seem to have identical features, so the approximately $400 difference in the new retail price between the 2 can't really be justified IMO. Unless the Pedersoli Frontier is less than the price of a new Cabela's Blue Ridge Rifle, why spend the difference?
Unless you feel that you really need or want a 39 inch barrel Pedersoli with a 1 in 48 inch twist, you might want to consider buying a new Pedersoli Kentucky Rifle with a 35 inch barrel for less, much less if in percussion! ;)
They are all generally very good rifles too.
Compare them all here:

http://www.cherrys.com/ped_rif1.htm

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat601141_TGP&rid=&indexId=cat601141&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=1&parentType=index&parentId=cat601141&id=0006565