PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Mis-fire

oybor
October 16, 2006, 08:07 PM
I'm new to the forum and I think I posted a question in the wrong area so I will re-post it here, I purchased a "Knight Revolution" about 2 years ago and am haveing a problem of it mis-firing, I check the primer and it is being struck, and I have tried different primers (no change) this year during the early doe season my first opportunity was met with a "Click" well the doe waited untlil I reset, but I would hate to be in that position if a nice buck were to appear. Our muzzleloading season is comming up and I was wondering if anyone had any Ideas? I wrote a letter to Knight Mfg when I first noticed the problem when sighting the rifle in. but I never recieved a responce. Am I doing something wrong? I am quite new to Black powder shooting so I just might be, Thanks a lot Oybor.

arcticap
October 17, 2006, 02:34 PM
I noticed that there are many sites that reference a redesigned "Revolution II", don't know if that matters though. It sounds like you may need a Knight warranty repair! ;)
Here's an interesting article about a Revolution misfire problem that sounds similar to yours:

-----------------------------
Welcome to Iowa Outdoors!
Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
New! RSVP for the 2007 Ice Outing on West Okoboji Jan. 19-21!
Tuesday, October 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM CDT

Disfunctional Knight Revolution recently purchased from Scheel's
Wednesday, December 28 2005 @ 01:40 PM CST
Contributed by: Crow_Hunter
Views: 1264
Sorry, there's no article or source to cite here...you'll just have to take my word for it. I just wanted to inform any potential muzzleloader buyers or recent gift recipients about my recent experience with the Knight Revolution.

About a week before Christmas, I got a brand-new .50 caliber Knight Revolution gun from the West Des Moines Scheel's store. After putting the new scope my wife bought me on the gun, I took it outside to fire off some primer caps. Inserted the primer, pulled the trigger, and *click* went the gun. Tried other primers from the same box, other primers from a different box, still nothing. All it would do was dent the primer. Upon examination of the removable trigger assembly, we noticed a couple things that were funny:

1) the moving mechanism which moves back, locks, then springs foward had a severe metal-on-metal drag on one side, and lots of tolerance on the other. We hypothesized that this was creating too much friction to hit the primer hard enough for ignition.

2) there were dents & divots all over one side of the trigger assembly where someone had obviously used a small punch to knock out a removable pin, presumably to attempt repair.

I was not happy. I took the gun back to Scheel's last night, where the guy at the gunsmith counter didn't even have to ask me what was wrong; he already knew. He went on to tell me that it was a manufacturing/design flaw on that part and that the Knight company had sent an entire boxful of new trigger assemblies up to Scheels to replace all the ones that were bad.

So I got the new part, and I haven't tried shooting it yet, but I am assuming that it works now. Just a F.Y.I. and warning to anybody thinking of shopping for a muzzleloader or who might have gotten one for Christmas.

-----------------------
Story Options
Mail Story to a Friend
Printable Story Format

-------------------------------------

Disfunctional Knight Revolution recently purchased from Scheel's | 4 comments | Create New Account
Newest First Oldest First Flat Nested No Comments Threaded
The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.
-----------------------------
Authored by: nick on Wednesday, December 28 2005 @ 03:38 PM CST
I will take your word for it because the same thing happened to my cousin. Bought the Revolution in DM Scheels and it shoots about 1 in every 5 times. And the part where the trigger folds down is broken too. It was enough to ruin his late muzzy season.

---
Eldora, Iowa
[ Reply to This ]
Authored by: Ozzy on Thursday, December 29 2005 @ 08:03 AM CST
I wonder if this was just a bad batch. My dad and I both shoot this gun and have not have any issues at all. Mine was one of the first ones off the assembly line and works like a dream. Just curious if anyone else has had any problems. Good info to know, thanks for posting.

Oz

http://www.iowaoutdoors.org/article.php?story=20051228134900177

arcticap
October 17, 2006, 02:39 PM
Welcome to Iowa Outdoors!
Be sure to check out the Site Rules.
New! RSVP for the 2007 Ice Outing on West Okoboji Jan. 19-21!
Tuesday, October 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM CDT

Disfunctional Knight Revolution recently purchased from Scheel's | 4 comments | Create New Account
Newest First Oldest First Flat Nested No Comments Threaded
The following comments are owned by whomever posted them. This site is not responsible for what they say.

Authored by: swabby on Thursday, December 29 2005 @ 08:13 AM CST
I heard just take them in and they will replace the trigger assembly. I acutally saw it the other day at scheels. They have been pretty good about it even though it was the manufactuer problem.
It sucks that so many of us had to find out when we had them out there for hunting though.
--------------------------
[ Reply to This | Parent ]
Authored by: bowtechbandit on Tuesday, January 03 2006 @ 01:07 PM CST
i believe this was a problem on earlier revolutions. if scheels doesn't replace the trigger, contact knight directly. their customer service is second to none, and their products are awesome.

http://www.iowaoutdoors.org/comment.php?mode=display&order=ASC&pid=4012

marcseatac
October 17, 2006, 03:55 PM
Ah, the power of the internet!