PDA

View Full Version : Need more holster suggestions

FirstFreedom
October 10, 2006, 06:40 PM
I posted this a couple days ago when TFL was having problems, and now it's gone (apparently), but...

Need suggestions on the following:

1. NON-leather holster (for scent control reasons) for a Taurus 94 .22 revolver, 5" bbl - either specific to 5" or with an open bottom for 2" or 4" - Or, for a 6" which I can cut the bottom off the holster to make it shorter (or leave it for that matter).

2. Besides HBE, which I'm going to check out, a leather (or leather/other material combo), PADDLE holster with a good snug full-gun fit and open top (OR a yaqui-style with thumbbreak, as a tradeoff to gain the retention needed), for a CZ 75 compact PCR - I've been using a holster for 1911s for this one, but I want a true custom fit, nice holster. And please note that holsters for CZ75 fullsized guns do not work for the compact, since the compact for some reason has a thicker dust cover than the full-sized. Also, obviously, holsters for the P01 won't work because those have a light rail, and this one doesn't.

Thanks.

K-Man
October 10, 2006, 07:22 PM
At K&D Holsters, I offer a paddle holster. The holster itself is leather, while the paddle is kydex and is adjustable. The adjustments allow for forward cant, straight vertical cant, and cross-draw cant. It also adjusts for the size belt - from 1.25" to 1.75". The price is $65/shipped.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Leathercrafter/Paddle1a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Leathercrafter/Paddle1.jpg

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

FirstFreedom
October 10, 2006, 09:12 PM
I like that one a lot, K-man - do you offer it in CZ75 compact?

K-Man
October 10, 2006, 09:17 PM
Yes, sir, it is available for the CZ75 Compact. I, in fact, have a genuine version of that gun and enjoy it a great deal.

badbob
October 10, 2006, 09:50 PM
K-Man, nice work! On the paddle rig, where are the screw heads? Is there a tab attached(sewn?) to the holster and then the paddle screwed to the tab?

badbob

K-Man
October 10, 2006, 10:00 PM
badbob:

There is a piece of leather sewn/glued to the backside of the holster itself which holds a couple of t-nuts. This helps prevent any metal of the screws coming in contact with the gun. The paddle then attaches to that strip. This picture of the revolver version of the paddle holster illustrates it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Leathercrafter/Paddle2a-1.jpg

badbob
October 10, 2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the pics K-Man and the info. You sold me! I'll try to get an order in this week.:)

badbob

MakarovFan
October 11, 2006, 06:01 AM
K-Man looked at site and found no info of the style of holster pictured in the photos of this post.
Are they in the custom section?
I think that style would work great for my stubbie.

K-Man
October 11, 2006, 07:42 AM
The paddle holsters have not yet been put on the website for order. They are available as a custom-type order. Feel free to send me an email or give me a call (813-659-1200) and we can take your order that way. Thanks!

FirstFreedom
October 11, 2006, 11:23 PM
K-man, looks good, you'll be hearing from me when I'm ready to order...I'll take it to PM or email from here.