PDA

View Full Version : New toys

deadwood
July 29, 2006, 10:20 AM
Just jumped into this went out the other night and picked up a Pedersoli 1874 sporting sharps in 45 90 and a Traditions 1851 navy steel frame revolver. With that and my 20 year old moldel 94 I am looking to have some fun. My question is I am going to have to buy factory ammo untill I learn how to reload for the sharps what do I get the black stuff or the new stuff Price wise thay run about the same. When I learn how to reload bp that is what I want to use in the sharps. All I have to do now is let some of the crowd clear out of the new Cabelas that just opend up out my way and get some ammo. Thanks for your input

Rachen
July 29, 2006, 10:46 AM
Order the Cabelas Shooting Catalog. On the page after Black Powder revolvers and rifles, they have BP loading components including a loading block, book, spare cases, lube, bullets of all shapes and sizes, and even a book on how to reload BP cartridges. Then, on the page after that is a wide selection of Pyrodex, 777, APP and other powders you can use. If you wish to reload with smokeless, they sell smokeless powder inthe first 10 pages.

Good luck with your new rifle!