PDA

View Full Version : k-31 scope mounts

pahrumpcaveman
July 9, 2006, 12:07 PM
Ok so I have seen the scout type mounts that replace the rear sight . I have seen the clamp on ones that mount the scope to the side . But does anyone make a scope mount that sets it up with a regular scope and in line with the bore . Don't mind drilling ...Thanks ...

cntryboy1289
July 9, 2006, 06:56 PM
Since it is a top ejector, about the only thing that I have found is to mount an SKS scope base and scope on the back of the receiver. I have one mounted on a Model 1911 which was the predecessor to the K31. You will be limited to about 150 yd shots, but with mine in place, it will stack them in a circle the size of a quarter all day long with this combination.

I had a longer scope mounted on it at one time, but if you had to cycle the gun in a hurry, the empty would ding on the bottom of the scope. Not too good if you reload, but if you don't, it won't hurt anything.

raktrak
July 9, 2006, 08:58 PM
Saint Marie Graphics has one you drill and centers the scope . Check Brownells Or Midway:)

Toolman
July 9, 2006, 09:02 PM
Graf & Sons has the St Marie mounts but I don't know if they put the scope in line with the bore. I think AIM also has similiar mounts.

cntryboy1289
July 9, 2006, 10:54 PM
You can use an edge finder to get the base centered. Then centerdrill it and I would advise you to get a carbide drill and some carbon taps just in case you break one. Just tap the broken one out in that case and go back to tapping with a fesh tap.