PDA

View Full Version : compressed air

senior
December 21, 2005, 08:36 PM
reading where its advocated to blow out any gunk inside the housing of your pistol and got to wondering if one could use those cans of compressed air that we buy for our computter key boards? [email protected] thanks for the help

cntryboy1289
December 21, 2005, 09:40 PM
Might get expensive if you do a whole lot of cleaning, but for the average guy it would be ideal.

JoeHatley
December 22, 2005, 11:15 AM
I keep a can on my bench where it is handy. Beats having to take the gun (or whatever) out to the garage where my regular compressor is.

Joe

senior
December 22, 2005, 11:29 AM
thanks guys, iwas sure it would be ok, just a worry wart wanting to be sure, thanks again!

Peter M. Eick
December 22, 2005, 01:31 PM
Small compressor's are cheap. Even the ones used for paint spraying (modeling) should work for you. I would go for a real compressor before I spent all the money on the cans.

Keep in mind that the compressed air tends to get stuff into sticky corners so you have to really spend some time to get it really clean.

Also wear muffs when doing the work, also goggles. There is a lot of noise and gunk that gets blasted about.

T. O'Heir
December 23, 2005, 02:31 AM
Yep, they work just fine, but canned air isn't cheap. $15Cdn, up here. I'm a computer tech and have never used it once for a key board or anything else. A vacuum cleaner yes, but never canned air. It's too expensive.
Use a toothbrush on your pistols.