PDA

View Full Version : Holster Advice

Frank Ettin
December 2, 2005, 10:39 AM
Does anyone have experience with either the Bulman TSAC or the Tucker Cover Up? They are both IWB holsters with a clip instead of loops. The Bulman uses the talon clip (from Alessi), and it looks like the Tucker uses a type of kydex clip used by a number of makers.

I'm really trying to find out how well the clips work. I like an IWB holster for a 1911 and usually use a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 or Versa Max 2. I like the "easy on - easy off" feature of a clip, but I've heard that clips aren't as secure as the snap straps I'm used to. I always use a stout belt made to support a holster.

So if anyone has some experience with these clip type IWB holsters, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks and shoot straight.

Musketeer
December 2, 2005, 11:22 AM
Check out http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

I have their IWB for a full size 1911 and it rocks. It is ultra comfortable and is very similar to the Tucker "Answer" but currently only $36 deliverred. Turn around is fast and they are very accomodating. You can even tuck the thing.

It uses two Kydex clips to hold the gun in place and I have used both 1 1/4" men's dress belts made out of good leather and heavy 1 3/4" work belts with no problems. I can't rate this rig high enough for the price. It is easily worth double the current price. Grab one while the sale lasts.

Frank Ettin
December 3, 2005, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.