PDA

View Full Version : wilcox industries corp.

house
October 16, 2000, 02:48 AM
I am interested in one of there 6v mounted tactical light and vertical foregrip. Was wondering if any of you own this system and could tell me more about it? Also a price for one? is 150.00 new a good price for this system? How does this compare to shurefire light? This will go on an Ar15.
Also does anybody know if a webpage for Wilcox?

Thank,House

Icopy
October 16, 2000, 10:57 AM
I've purchased from Wilcox several years ago. It was a white light system for the HK MK23. The quality is top notch. It's not as bright as a Surefire light. I don't know much about the AR15 system. This company sells their products. www.cfi.com (http://www.cfi.com) I bought mine derect from wilcox. They had great customer service. You might want to post this question to the guys at ar15.com.

Charmedlyfe
October 16, 2000, 11:26 PM
I don't know. I got one of their IR/white light systems for my HK. the adapter (the part that held the light to the USP) broke. They replaced it, but I wasn't too comfortable with it. The battery cover felt kind of 'cheap' to me. It was considerably bulkier than the other modules on the market, and I didn't like the controls. The light itself had dark spots in the light cone. I found that I much preferred the HK light (a little brighter, smaller, better controls,etc.). For everything else, I like the M3 lights. Price is about the same.

Charmedlyfe
October 16, 2000, 11:27 PM
I forgot---the M500 Surefire is VERY comfortable and MUCH brighter. It's worth the extra money.