PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Tactical

KowHunter
September 4, 1999, 05:11 PM
Does anyone have the Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Tactical scope? I need advice on this scope, if its a good buy etc. I would be putting it on a remington 700 LTR. Also I would like some pictures of it if you may have them. Leupold doesnt have any good pictures of it on their web site. Thanks.

------------------
-KowHunter-

Art Eatman
September 4, 1999, 06:52 PM
I've yet to read a negative report on any Leupold scope. They are apparently a little bit more rugged than almost any other, as near as I can tell--that's a FWIW. Certainly they have more than adequate optics, and a good reputation for repeatability in the adjustments...And that's as far as I can go...

FWIW, Art

4V50 Gary
September 4, 1999, 08:51 PM
I've got a few Leupolds and have never been disappointed by them. I also have their 4.5-14 in mil dot. It's not a long range 30mm tube version though. Can't tell you how it works as it is on a rifle I have yet to shoot.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Antonio
September 5, 1999, 07:27 PM
This is the scope I should have gotten for my LTR. Due to budgetary constraints I got a Vari X-II. Its fine for the shooting I do but I should have saved up for a Vari X-III. My father has this model on his Steyr and I really like it a lot. A really nice choice!

Long Path
September 5, 1999, 08:56 PM
Hmmmm.... making me consider upgrading from my Simmons on my Sendero....

[fingers in ears]"I can't hear you! I'm not listening!! I don't have the money...!!!"

MAD DOG
September 6, 1999, 10:25 AM
The ONLY scopes that I recommend to my customers are Leupold or Schmidt & Bender.
The Leupold 4.5-14 50mm is a marvelous scope for the money.
Great optics, great low light capability, and enough magnification for all purposes.
The repeatability of the click adjustments is also superb.
Leupold also offers what I consider to be the best customer service and warranty protection in the business.
If you are buying a first class scope, don't scimp on the bases and rings. Get the best.
The Leupold QRW system is my favorite.

AEM
November 1, 1999, 02:33 PM
How do the Burris variables compare to Leupold? I want a mid-range variable for my .308 sporter and am torn between the Burris Signature 2x-8x and the Vari-X III 2.5x-8x.
Thanks

Rich Lucibella
November 1, 1999, 05:06 PM
I have one mounted on my Blaser R93. Best scope of it's kind around, dollar for dollar.

Be aware that many of the real pro snipers prefer the Leupold 10X fixed. There's certainly something to be said for their reasoning when it comes to a pure sniper piece.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited November 01, 1999).]

slickpuppy
November 1, 1999, 06:06 PM
Kow,
You have good taste. I was looking for a new Leupold a month or so ago and almost bought the 4.5x14x50 but ended up getting the 6.5x20x50 with side focus instead. It is excellent. Try Lock, Stock, and Barrel for a picture http://www.lockstock.com