PDA

View Full Version : Pachmyr Magazines

Michael Carlin
February 23, 1999, 11:56 AM
Anyone have any experience with the Pachmyr magazines?

Looking at some Pachmyr magazines, 10 rounds in 40 S&W for Beretta 96. About $10 each + shipping, are these good magazines?

Who manufactured these?

Thanks for your response.

Scott Evans
February 24, 1999, 09:30 PM
I had a few of these for a govt. model .45 (7 rounds). I was not happy with how they functioned with that particular weapon. My instances of malfunction increased when I used them. However, I am not saying that they are not a good product it simply was not a good match for that particular weapon.

Michael Carlin
February 26, 1999, 09:51 PM
I got a response from Pachmyr today that they now carry only the 1911 mags and they are made by Promag.

I think I am going to pass on the 9.99 SGN special on the Beretta 96 Pachmyr mags.

------------------
Ni ellegimit carborundum esse!

Yours In Marksmanship
http://www.1bigred.com/distinguished

michael

Nakano
March 1, 1999, 02:58 AM
Greetings all. Michael, it is true that Pachmayr offers their mags in Gov't models only. Their mags for other pistol calibers are being discontinued and dealers are offering them at closeout prices. I own and have used plenty of them, with the exception of the 1911s, and I' ve found them to be totally reliable. The hi caps they use to offer were manufactured by MEC GAR of Italy, the same manufacturer for many OEM mags for quite a few pistol companies. The closeout 10 rounders, also MEC GAR manufactured are a bargain.

L8r,
Nakano

Nakano
March 8, 1999, 09:23 PM
Hi all. A correction is in order here. The closeout Pachmayr _10_ rounders are of US manufacture. They are printed as such on the blister paks and on the mags themselves from the shipment I received today. My guess is that they are made from Pro- Mag, such as the current 1911 45s being offered now. I guess the sales reps at Pachmayr passed on incorrect info during my phone conversation with them. But, still a bargain for range use. Hope this clears things up.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."