PDA

View Full Version : Outfitter for Alaskan Bear

Rich Lucibella
July 21, 2000, 03:41 PM
Anyone have an outfitter in mind for hunting big, brown, toothy bear in Alaska?
Rich

paratrooper
July 21, 2000, 10:40 PM
If you ever go to The Kodiak Inn you will see one of these stuffed and standing . One look will convince you that you should bring a PRC6 with "Puff The Magic Dragon" on the other end . BIG!!!....is an understatement .

------------------
TOM
SASS AMERICAN LEGION NRA

Turk
July 23, 2000, 07:43 AM
Rick,

I was surfing looking for a guide for moose hunting and came upon this site. The site seemed very professional. Lots of good photo's. One of the photo's is a full standing mount of a Brownie, quite inpressive.

I'm sure they would furnish references.

http://www.larryrivers.com/index.htm

Turk

[This message has been edited by Turk (edited July 23, 2000).]

Rich Lucibella
July 23, 2000, 09:31 AM
Turk-
Thanks. This looked like the ticket, until I read the footnote: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>We do not provide liquor in any of our camps. My wife and I are Christians and operate our camps accordingly.[/quote]

No insult meant to my fellow Christians (you know who you are), but I'd prefer to hear the Word in church or the homes of friends....not in a hunting camp. I'm certain this type of disclaimer attracts the type of clientele that the owners' prefer....and I'm quite sure that I'm not in that group. ;)
Rich

Keith Rogan
July 23, 2000, 01:01 PM
The finest brown bear guide in Alaska is probably Andy Runyon. He's been guiding for something like 40 years and his area is around the SW tip of Kodiak Island, a region which has produced a LOT of records.

Andy's Guide Services can be booked through Jack Atcheson and Sons in Butte, MT. (406) 782-2382

You can see a couple pictures of a friend of mines hunt with Andy at the web site below - follow the "How Big Do They Get" link.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan (http://members.xoom.com/keithrogan)