PDA

View Full Version : National Bullet Company

LSUBOY
January 16, 2005, 12:06 AM
Outta Eastlake, Ohio! Anyone here have any expereience with their 45 caliber lead bullets. They seem to be the only place that I can find a 185 grain lead bullet and I would like to know how some of you feel about them.

donkee
January 16, 2005, 07:05 AM
I can't tell you about .45, but I ordered some .365s for my mak. I'll keep ordering from them. The bullet shoots great and they shipped fast. I'll be picking up some other calibers when I run out of the mak bullets and re-order.

PhotoRecon
January 16, 2005, 10:54 AM
National are okay but not the only choice.

www.bonusbullets.com

www.keadbullets.com

www.pennbullets.com

www.rozedist.com look under reloading supplies for hard cast

just to name a few...

LSUBOY
January 16, 2005, 12:02 PM
You guys are wonderful. I will order some from all of them. What I really need is a Ransom rest. Thanks a bunch / Vinni :)

PhotoRecon
January 16, 2005, 01:26 PM
LSUBOY:

There are more manufacturers that don't have websites. What state are you in? Obviously, if you had one close by you could save on the shipping.

shamrock
January 16, 2005, 09:28 PM
I have used the National Bullet stuff for several years. Depending on the type of firearm and the shooting you do the 185gr may not be the best for you. The NBC version is the short nose version and I’ve found some guns that don’t like the shorter OAL. On the other hand their 200gr SWC is an exceptional bullet and works in all applications. I do a lot of shooting indoors so I’ve been using the copper coat (copper wash) it cuts down on the smoke and helps prevent leading the barrel at higher velocities. Good Luck.

LSUBOY
February 12, 2005, 02:20 PM
www.pennbullets.com

45 cal 200 grain are tha bomb. Weight is all within 7/10 grain and eye shot some sub to one inch groups with three different powder combos. They even sent me 100 other 45 cal bullets to try free of charge and simply told me to try them and that I would bee impressed. Getouttahere!

PhotoRecon
February 12, 2005, 04:43 PM
LSUBOY:

Glad you like the Penn. I just received an order myself. Unfortunately, the prices quoted on their website are no longer valid. Both styles I ordered were up $10.00 per thousand over the internet price. Those were 152 and 200 weights.

mandark
April 13, 2005, 11:18 AM
I’ve been shooting the 215gr SWC Copper plated bullet from them for several years now and for the most part I have been marginally satisfied with their product. The last batch of 4000 contained 50-60 real heavy ones (230-236gr), which accounted for my variation in velocity. I ended up binning the whole lot.

I’m looking for a replacement supplier that provides the copper plating. I push the velocity up a bit and even the scant amount of copper keeps the leading at bay.