PDA

View Full Version : combat sights for 625?

old_yout
August 17, 2002, 02:17 PM
Can anyone recommend a good seller of (and possibly installer of) combat sights for a S&W 625? I've never liked the partridge front sight that snags and rips upon drawing whenever possible and I've been tapping my elbow on the adjustable backsight which just plain hurts.
Any thoughts?
S

Jim Watson
August 17, 2002, 04:43 PM
The Cylinder & Slide Extreme Duty (fixed) sights are the only ones I know of that get away from some of the corners of the S&W adjustable.
http://www.cylinder-slide.com/sites.htm
They also furnish a dovetail front sight that can be finished off as a ramp.
But what is your Patridge front snagging on?

old_yout
August 17, 2002, 10:50 PM
Before I got a leather holster I was working with an Uncle Mike's gunbucket, the front top of which eventually got ripped by the front sight dragging on it. With the leather holster it's not as much of a problem, though from time to time I will see a small bit of leather on the front sight.
I'm fairly sure it's called a partridge front sight. It's the kind that is rectangular, rounded in the front and a ninety degree angle in the back.

Kinda odd...I had a dream last night that the front sight fell off. I wonder what that means...

C.R.Sam
August 18, 2002, 07:32 AM
Partridge perches in pear tree.
Patridge is the gentleman who came up with the target sight/can opener combination.

I put a strip of Kydex in the sight trough of my holsters. Stops snagging.

Sam

old_yout
August 18, 2002, 12:42 PM
Ah, well there's my problem. I got the partridge sights instead of the Patridge.