PDA

View Full Version : Astra 400 Trigger

shootist2121
May 28, 2002, 08:27 AM
I picked up an Astra 400 cheap for fun. But the trigger pull is killing me. I would like to get it down around 5 #s if possible. Right now it's got to be at least 7#. Can I reduce the hammer spring? Another problem. It seems to hang up occasionally when the trigger is pulled. If I let off and try again it usually goes. I suspect the trigger/disconnect bar of shifting out and catching the back lip of the frame but with the grips off I have truoble duplicating the problem and the surface appears bur free. I have check the grips for interference but that looks fine also. Any thoughts would be apreciated.

:confused: :confused:

James K
May 28, 2002, 09:48 PM
Live with the trigger pull and don't try to reduce the mainspring (hammer spring) tension. That hammer is at a mechanical disadvantage when cocking so as to provide a delay to the blowback operation. Reducing the spring tension could cause problems.

Is it possible that some dirt in the slide could cause the disconnector to not re-engage properly? That is the only thing I can think of off hand other than the grips and you checked those out.

Jim