PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Onyx vs. Browning Lightning

Noban
May 25, 2002, 10:50 AM
OK, the penny saving part is over and I'm getting ready to purchase. I've read everything I can about the Onyx and Lightning (Grade 1), held them (actually, fondled them), and shot the Lightning. They are essentially the same price and apparently suited for what I have in mind which is a little hunting, and mostly sporting clays and trap.

I'd like to hear from those who have either or both of these shotguns and how they have performed over time, especially in the sports I mentioned.

Thanks for all of your anticipated input.

Noban

SHIVAN
May 25, 2002, 05:12 PM
Basically you have a dead tie, and what settled mine for me was the fact that Beretta was still made in Italy under the same care as it has always been made. The Brownings are all basically made in Japan, which might not necessarily be a bad thing, but it's just not exactly an art form to the Japanese.

You can get a Casio watch from Japan or a one-off Swiss time piece made by a Swiss artisan...they both tell time but one was assembled with care -- and the other was was "stamped" out.

Your call, both are fine firearms.

Ed

dick w. holliday
May 25, 2002, 08:46 PM
i've seen and shot both and prefer the Browning--i think they look and feel better right out of the box.....butttttttt-if i were going for a higher grade i think i'd go Beretta...i think you get better fit and finish on the Beretta higher grades than you do on Browning....just my 2 cents worth..............Dick