PDA

View Full Version : Honey, I forgot the cookies...oh $#!^

Lictalon
May 10, 2002, 07:38 PM
Here's a thought...

You leave your apartment in the evening to run down to the local drugstore and pick up some basic necessities...milk and eggs. You're carrying your CCW, and everything goes well. You come up the stairs, turn the corner, and stop.

Your apartment is at the end of the hallway. You open the 2'' wood door and it continues in a straight line with the bedroom, kitchen, and livingroom branching off of this main hallway. Standing in front of the door you see an individual, dressed in black, working the lock. He's already gotten the main lock broken, and it quietly cutting the chain lock that your wife locked behind you. You're about fifty feet away.

Now you're pretty sure that she must be awake and aware of what's going on...the door is visible from the living room, and she was awake and watching TV when you left. And because your wife is smart, courageous, and beautiful, you know that she's at the end of the hall, hunkered in the doorframe to the bedroom, phone in one hand and her own 1911 in the other.

So what do you do? Do you draw on this guy, knowing that if you have to shoot, and you miss, that it heads straight into your apartment where your wife may be hit? Do you assume that she is ready and let her deal with it? You don't own a cell-phone...reception is lousy in this area, and your neighbors aren't the type to open their own doors at night.

So...?

ThePatriot29
May 10, 2002, 08:23 PM
When you say two inch wood door, do you mean, hollow-core, or solid oak?

C.R.Sam
May 10, 2002, 08:27 PM
Maby.....
Bark at him. If he comes at me, drop to one knee and mozambique plus when he is close enough to put a goodly up angle on the shots.
Maby.

Amongst other considerations, are there apartments above ?

Sam

Seeker
May 11, 2002, 01:45 AM
Move off line! And draw.

Challenge him. If he doesn't turn towards you, it might be hard to explain the bullets in his back.

loandr.
May 11, 2002, 07:46 AM
Obviously none have you have ever seen my Mrs. at the range with her 1911. The BG would have a better chance, rushing in my
direction frankly...and yes she'd probably still shoot him in the back :-)
Loandr.

KPS
May 11, 2002, 07:54 AM
I would probably draw my gun and ask him what the hell he's doing.More than likely he'll run.

coz
May 11, 2002, 11:15 AM
Well, my bride doesn't have a 1911, so I'm guessing that I'd be worried about 11 rounds of 9mm from her P95...unless she picked up the S&W .38.....or her new P230.....

I'd confront him and get FLAT and down against a wall so that I could get an angle.

Of course I hope that the fact that I'm shooting Silvertips or Hydrashoks would keep the round from going too far.....

Chazman
May 11, 2002, 04:25 PM
Without a doubt you draw and confront. Since he hasn't yet entered the apartment you still have the advantage of facing him "own your own terms." I agree with KPS, The perp would most likley be surprised and run. If that is toward you then all the better as your site pitcure would become more favorable as he got closer. By no means should you let him in the apartment.

PreserveFreedom
May 12, 2002, 07:12 AM
Wait until he finishes cutting the chain. Then scream, "Hey!" He should turn around giving you a good center of mass shot. That way, when his body falls inward (thus entering your apartment) and the cops find a cutting device in his hand, you are justified. ;) As long as the chain is one piece, he does not pose a threat to those inside the apartment.

hso
May 12, 2002, 05:59 PM
If he's cutting the chain then he knows that someone is inside the apartment and the assumption is that he intends to do grave bodily harm or murder the person inside.

If my wife is inside with a .45 and the phone then she's already 911'd and is yelling the fact to the BG. If he still keeps cutting that further shows intent to do bodily harm.

With both of these facts now given I would take a knee and shoot him the moment the door was breached.

Never mind. My wife just told me, "Screw the handgun, this is what that Defender riot gun is for. If the SOB comes through the door he's getting the first shell before he clears the door frame!! If he keeps coming after that then the second and third and ..."

Please RSVP before breaking and entering while my wife is at home.

KSFreeman
May 12, 2002, 06:45 PM
All together now, "Fire!", from around the corner.

This will get the neighbors out and whoever it is, the Demon of Darkness, ninja, BG, or, more likely, UPS guy to divert his attention and, hopefully, run away. Whole point is not to get in fights. All kinds of bad stuff follows that is note part of a GSC lecture.:rolleyes:

Carry24x7
May 13, 2002, 03:02 PM
Until he turns around then shoot him in the head!

Or, do nothing duck low, and yell, "Honey! Shoot now!!"