PDA

View Full Version : Winchester "Low Recoil" buckshot

Bob Locke
December 27, 1999, 12:31 AM
Anyone familiar with this ammo and how it reacts in a pump gun (say, a Winchester 1300)?

Murray
December 27, 1999, 12:42 AM
Works fine out of all my pumps a 1300 and 870 police magnum. The load itself seems to be not any different than full power win 00B the recoil it the exact same. I would go for some h132 if you can get it. Its the Fed tach buckshot. Patterns much better in all of my SG.....

Bob Locke
December 27, 1999, 01:03 AM
Thanks, Murray. I'll keep my eye open for the Federal load.

Got two boxes of the Winchester loads for what I considered a good price ($12 for a box of 25), so I may pick up a couple of more after I give them a good go 'round tomorrow.

Murray
December 27, 1999, 02:50 AM
Bob I also got a few boxes for the same price from a local dealer. I also found a place that sells the Fed Tach for 24$ a tube. Which is a 10 boxes of 5 rds. I think they mail order to. I will find out toworrow. If anyone interrested.I will find out and post.

Sea Bass
December 27, 1999, 09:52 PM
Try www.ammoman.com (http://www.ammoman.com) , they have good prices on the Federal Tactical buckshot and slugs.

Ned Roundtree
December 27, 1999, 10:14 PM
Low Recoil Win is great. No problems. You will like.

------------------
Courage is only fear that has said its prayers.

Kilroy
December 31, 1999, 11:34 AM
I have heard that Winchester stopped plating their buckshot and went to a higher antimony content. Supposedly to maintain the resistance to deformation that causes fliers in shot patterns. I prefer the Federal Tactical buck, backing it up with Remington reduced recoil slugs.

Kilroy...
...was here