PDA

View Full Version : May 2002 Issue

Bud Helms
March 19, 2002, 08:08 PM
Mr. Hansen,

I don't know where to begin. The May 2002 issue is a big hit with me ... best so far.

I'm starting to REALLY like Enemy At The Gate.:D Thanks to R.W. Stevens for this issue's article.

Denny Hansen
March 20, 2002, 09:36 PM
Thanks, Sensop. But please, no Mister--Denny will do just fine.

June will be better yet, in July we take a close look at Benelli's new M4 shotgun with a critical eye, and then in September S.W.A.T. will feature... Well just trust me--you are really going to like what's coming up:D

Denny

TheBluesMan
March 20, 2002, 11:10 PM
I've been very impressed with Richard W. Stevens' articles. Sometimes even shocked that they would appear in a magazine aimed (traditionally) at a LEO readership. Mr. Stevens is an asset to the publication.

I particularly enjoyed the articles on Springfield's new XD pistol, the Kahr P40 and the article on the M888 Carbine. The photos in the articles have improved greatly in the past year as I can see quite a few milling marks on the detail shots of the Carbine.

Articles about military rifles from the old days are among my favorites. I'm glad to see more if these lately.

And, as always, Awerbuck is a pleasure to read.

Correia
March 27, 2002, 05:52 PM
I have really enjoyed SWAT since I have subscribed. The articles have been well written. I liked Brent Wheat's from the last issue.

I will say this, my hats off to you guys who write for a living. I've been trying my hand at it, and it is pretty darn hard! :p

Rich Lucibella
March 27, 2002, 07:02 PM
Stevens is a Home Run, I agree. Truth be known, he was not our first choice. We went after Claire Wolf of WorldNetDaily fame with a vengeance. Almost had her, too. When she finally declined, she graciously offered up Richard Stevens for sacrifice.

As I look at his column, he may not have been first "choice", but he's hardly "second best". We're proud to have him.
Rich