PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M3 Super 90

The Ripper Man
April 27, 1999, 03:22 AM
Found a place that has M3 Super 90s at a price I can't pass up. Going to order one today. Anybody have any experience with this shotgun? I've wanted one for a few years now and just got lucky enough to find a decent price when I've got a little extra money. Going to get one with ghost rings and the pistol grip stock.

Cat
April 27, 1999, 06:02 AM
Ripper,
What are the main advantages of the M3? It seems like a complicated piece of machinery to me. They make quality firearms but as the Colonel said, "An over complicated solution to a none existent problem.", in mho.
Maybe in your classes you have come up with reasons this is necessary, or maybe you just like it, which is O.K. This is still supposed to be America.
Cat

The Ripper Man
April 27, 1999, 08:26 AM
I just like it mostly. They claim that it will function on the semi-auto mode with standard ammo and then the pump mode can be used for specialty loads like a ferret. One thing that really appeals to me about it is that you can unchamber a round and reload it with something else without stripping the next round from the mag tube. They might all have that feature, I don't know. I can do that with my issued 590 but it isn't made to do it and takes a little practice.

Cat
April 27, 1999, 10:26 AM
Ripper,
What's the "ball park" figure these are going for in your area?
Cat

NJW
April 27, 1999, 01:43 PM
The M3 is a good SG, I really don't use the pump mode very much. Unless you get a good deal or just really want the M3, the M1 is proably a better choice. Other than the pump mode it is the same gun. I like mine, it has been a good performer. The Benelli's are light and they recoil alot more than a Remington auto because of the weight and the functioning system. I can really tell the difference between my M3 and my 11-87 Police, especially when firing buck and slugs.

NJW

hksigwalther
April 27, 1999, 06:43 PM
Ripper,
You made an excellent choice. Once you get the long gun and start comparing it to the others you'll feel the quality put into thte gun. True, the recoil is a bit more due to its slightly lighter weight as NJW stated but the handling is also slightly faster to get on target.

In pump mode, it feels and even sounds (pumping the action) way better then the 590. Don't get me wrong, I like my 590s, they are exceptional values (i.e., low cost). The Bens are just of considerably higher quality. Hope you don't go down my path, though. Once I bought my first M3, I had to get more and that gets pretty expensive.

- Ron V.

------------------

The Ripper Man
April 27, 1999, 10:59 PM
Thank's to everyone for the replies. Most of the time the M3 Super 90 is around $900 something around here. But, I found this place that has them for $699.99 I just couldn't pass it up. I may toss it in the Crown Vic and take it to work with me. Will have to see how it shoots. Hope it's as nice as everyone says.

Cat
April 28, 1999, 08:43 AM
That sounds like a great price. I've never seen them that low around here. When you find one in a store, it's usually around $900 or more. Good deal!
Cat

RCH
May 3, 1999, 04:52 PM
The M3 is a excellent shotgun. After I got my greedy hands on mine, I sold my 870. The M3 can cycle and fire 2nd & 3rd shots very quickly. I am ordering the ghost ring night sights made by Meprolight this week!!

For law enforcement officers, the M3 is a good choice. Depending on department policy (like the MD Sate Police), you may be limited to pump action shotguns only. The new Benelli Nova looks promising also.