PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M3 Super 90 - Opinions?

Phill
December 11, 1998, 12:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting an M3, mostly for 3-gun competition. Any opinions? What is the going rate for one in CA?

Thanks,
Phill.

Rodmann
December 11, 1998, 02:08 PM
I have a pre-ban ghost-ring, pistol grip M3 which I like very much. One thing to consider is that the M1 feels quite a bit lighter than the M3...this could be either good or bad, just depends on your how you plan on using your shotgun.

4V50 Gary
December 11, 1998, 11:40 PM
I like the M3, but I'm extremely reluctant to spend $1k and although my indebted friend tendered his M3 as partial payment, I declined. $1k for a Perazzi or Krieghoff, sure! For a combat shotgun, no. That's my own personal belief which do not reflect on the workmanship, quality or market value of the M3.

snoman
December 13, 1998, 11:12 PM
The only complaint I can muster about the M3 is the lack of ability to mount a surefire (new forend)

---snoman---

Phill
December 14, 1998, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the replys! I went to a gunshow this weekend and bought a Berretta 1201FP for $550, since it has the same action and goes for about $500 less than the Bennelli. Now I can afford an upper for my AR15 lower...

Phill.

Rob Pincus
December 14, 1998, 01:09 PM
Phil,

I'm sure that you will be happy with your Beretta (as long as you don't use light loads..), but to campare the 1201 to the M3 is really apples and oranges.

OTOH, you could've bought a Benelli that you could more realistically compare to the 1201 for not very much more at all.

Enjoy.

------------------
-Essayons

Phill
December 14, 1998, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I should have compaired it to the M1, since the Berretta is not a combo pump-semi like the M3, but it was still $250 cheaper.

I did a search on Deja-News, and most people had not had problems with light loads in there 1201FP, but what's light to someone maybe... well you know where I'm going.

Phill.

Rob Pincus
December 14, 1998, 01:30 PM
Specifically, I know to LEOs who have traded in their Berettas because they would not function reliably with the "tactical" Buckshot loads that NAshville Metro PD issues.

These are not Quail loads, mind you. Just reduced recoil 00 Buck.

------------------
-Essayons